Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Skylark by Elle & Blair - Dream Catcher

Sorry guys, I've had such a busy few days that I've been neglecting this blog! However, I have been photographing my nails every day so expect me to spam your readers sometime soon! (probably not tonight though, I'm so tired >.<)

I've been a huge fan of Elle & Blair Fowler for years. I first stumbled upon Blair's youtube about 2 or 3 months after she'd uploaded her first video, and Elle a couple of days after that. Since Skylark is only sold through blush.com, and Blush don't ship nail polish to Australia, I skipped on their first nail polish set for winter. But something about Wild & Free just really appealed to me, so I fumbled my way through alternative shipping to get these in my hands.

The great news is that I couldn't find a single dupe in my stash of Dream Catcher. Everything was either too pink, not pink enough or too milky and not dusty enough. Wear time was also pretty decent and lasted a full day at work with minor tip wear (which is great for me with any brand!) The not as good news was that the formula was a little difficult to work with. The polish had a tendency to drag so my first 2 coats were thin and I had to wait until it was completely dry before starting the next coat, and my third coat was thick in order to cover some streakiness. It was also pricey with the mini bottles and the shipping costs. That being said, I am glad I got this set because I enjoy supporting people I've been following for a while, and the colours are right up my alley.

3 coats, 1 coat Dior gel coat.

artificial light
artificial light
artificial light
direct sunlight
It turns pink-ier in direct sunlight, but the lilac colour was what I saw most of the time I was wearing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment