Wednesday, May 1, 2013

April Nail Polish Haul

April felt like the month that never ended. I was slugging my way through everyday absolutely exhausted, so I haven't even been thinking about blogging. But May is a new month, and I really miss blogging, so I'm going to try to get back into the swing of things. I did buy some new light bulbs in the hope that I could find a really cheap alternative to the sun, but alas I'm still working on it so please excuse some of these photos! I've also been working on trying to get my blog back to what I wanted it to be - a comparison blog. So once I've done all my nail stick swatching (this weekend fingers crossed!) I want to accompany every NOTD post with a comparison of similar shades :) Anyway, enough rambling, onto the haul!

L-R: Bikini / Spring Ball / Princess / Delice / Diablotine 



First up is Dior. I've been eagerly awaiting their spring (summer?) collection ever since I first started seeing promo pics. I haven't worn any yet, but they're so pretty to look at! (they have a strong shimmer which my photos aren't showing.


How pretty is Taboo?! Vertigo and Taboo had fantastic formulas and I had them on my nails more than once this month. I wasn't really that into Fracas, and I've gotta admit the only reason I bought it was because it was half price and free shipping on ebay! (since been removed, sorry!)

Alanna Renee L-R: Stupefy / Drink of Despair / Patronus
I dipped my toe into indie polishes for the first time in April. Alanna Renee is an Australian blogger I've been following for quite a while now, so I wanted to support her in her new nail polish business. I haven't worn any yet.

Alanna Renee L-R: Mardi / Horcrux / Dementer / Chocolate Frog
The whole reason for my AR order (apart from it was Harry Potter themed) was Horcrux. My photos really aren't doing these polishes justice because they are the prettiest glitters I've seen in a while! Definitely google Mardi and Horcrux swatches!

Essie L-R: Hip-Anema / Come Here / In the Cab-Ana / First Timer
 I picked up Essie's new collections all at the same time so I can't remember what polish goes with what collection. I haven't worn any of these since it's autumn here, but I can't wait to pull these out!

Essie L-R: Go Ginza / Bond With Whomever / Under Where
I moved my polishes around last month and Cute as a Button broke and spilt over at lease half my polish collection! What a pain! These 3 polishes are really rather similar for consecutive collections, but it's right up my alley. I absolutely loved wearing Go Ginza today, and I should have a swatch up later tonight.

OPI L-R: Excuse Moi! / Polda.com / Come to Poppy
These OPIs photographed so poorly that I really wish I'd have gone back and taken them again. I haven't worn any of these yet.

OPI L-R: Lourve Me Lourve Me Not / Mod About You
Mod About You has been on my wish list for over a year, and I finally took the plunge and bought it. Lourve Me was a complete impulse, at-the-checkout purchase. These only just came so I haven't worn them yet.

China Glaze L-R: When Stars Collide / Galactic Gray
These are the only two holos that caught my eye from China Glaze's new collection. I completely passed over the texture collection, the only textures I've liked so far were Zoya's.

Zoya L-R: Blaze / Storm / Aurora
I actually bought these back in March, but completely forgot about them. I don't know how though, they're amazing!

So there you have it, my polish picks last month. Hope you enjoyed, sorry about the lighting and hopefully I'll get back into my notd posts asap!

No comments:

Post a Comment