Saturday, June 15, 2013

Essie - Under Where? + mini comparison

Wednesday's NOTD was Essie's Under Where? from this year's resort collection. If you've been reading my blog for a while, you'll notice I wear a lot of purples (particularly pastel). This was no disappointment! Not quite pale enough to be classed pastel, this medium-light purple can be bright in certain lights, and be duller in others. As you'll see in my last photo, it's very similar to other colours I own, but I love it anyway! Winter has well and truly set in this week, so please look past my dry and damaged cuticles!
2 coats, 1 coat Dior gel coat.

artificial light
artificial light
artificial light
Now, I'm still working on painting my nail sticks, and I've still got the majority of my collection to go (OPI, China Glaze, Revlon, etc) but here is a small comparison between the shades I have swatched so far. Also, I'd love some feedback on my swatch sticks. Should I topcoat it? They're getting a tad battered as you can see in the close ups, but I'm not sure how much that bothers people.
As I've said before, I'm still trying to set up artificial lighting and a background for them, so this is a work in progress. I've tried to photograph it as accurately as possible but I'm still new at this, and I have no idea how to edit/use photoshop ;)

Left to Right: Essie Go Ginza! / Essie Bond With Whomever / Butter London Molly-Coddled / Essie Under Where? / Color Club Sweetpea / Essie Splash of Grenadine / Essie Play Date. All 2 coats.

As you can see Molly-coddled (3rd) is the closest in colour, but it's a touch brighter and Under Where? is a touch more red based (warmer). Bond With Whomever (2nd) is also close, but much more cool toned.

What do you think of these comparison posts? Hopefully they'll be much more in depth when I've got all my polishes swatched!

No comments:

Post a Comment