Wednesday, May 1, 2013

I've been nominated!

One of the most exciting things I've ever encountered on my blog is being nominated for a blog award by the lovely Haylee from Dry, Dammit! I don't know too much about the world of blog nominations, but a huge thank you goes out to Haylee for recognising my little nail blog amongst the millions that are out there! Apparently questions come along with this nomination, so here are my answers to Haylee's questions :)



1) How did you get into nail blogging?
I've been reading blogs for years now, and in December of 2011 I thought it would be a great way to help grow my nails out (I was a habitual nail biter), and it would be an amazing justification for owning so much polish!

2) What is your favourite retail brand and why?
Definitely Essie. They have been a favourite for quite a few years because they make the kind of colours I love to wear (brights and pastels, not too much glitter).

3) What is your favourite indie brand and why?
I'm really new to indie brands, and have only just picked up my first indie's from Aussie blogger Alanna Renee. However, from what I see on other people's blogs, Emily de Molly and Pretty Serious have some pretty amazing glitters out!

4) What is the best manicure you've ever done?
To be honest, I'm not really a good manicurist. Plus, I'm not that into/good at nail art so I haven't really accomplished anything to be proud of (yet!).

5) Do you have any other interests apart from nails?
Oh, I have about a million hobbies! Baking, reading, TV shows, gaming (xbox), and health and fitness are my main hobbies, but I have too many interests to name!

6) What is your no. 1 source of inspiration?
I would have to say other blogs are where I get 99% of my inspiration from, both with my nails as well as my general inspirations.

7) How many polishes do you own?
I haven't counted recently, but I would probably own somewhere between 600 - 700 polishes. How many I actually use though would be closer to 300 - 400.

8) What is your favourite colour?
I am a girl of fads, and my favourite colour changes as often as the seasons! At the moment it would be minty green or pastel purple.

9) What was the first polish you owned?
I can't remember that far back! It would have been by Revlon or BYS though.

10) What's your best-kept nail secret?
Ooh, I'm not sure! Maybe Essie's Millionails? People are all about the Nail Envy by OPI, but Millionails works 100 times better for me!

11) What nail art trend do you wish you could rock?
Glitter/colour accents. I absolutely love the look of them, but I always feel so awkward when I try it, like I've forgotten to paint a nail or something!

So that's the end of the questions. Thank you so much to Haylee for nominating me, and make sure you go check out her page if you haven't done so already! Her nails are to die for!

1 comment:

  1. I love the answers to your questions, I think it's so fascinating. Owning between 600-700 must be incredible. I've just cracked more than 200 and I think I have a lot.

    I've only just started blogging so I love any chance to network with other bloggers, I thought this was a fun way to do that.

    Haylee

    ReplyDelete