Sunday, March 3, 2013

February Nail Polish Haul (and mini reviews)

February was a crazy month for me. I broke my camera; I started a new full-time job; I got a "promotion" at my new job; My camera got fixed before I promptly broke it again; Two of my close friends moved away; I got sick; I got my camera back; and I finally stumbled into march feeling a little worse for wear. This is one reason why I haven't posted any NOTD's in February. The other reason is that my nails have been in the worst condition they've been in months, which has bummed me to no end.

So instead of trying to photograph my roughed up nails, I decided to post a monthly nail polish haul (which I'm  totally copying from Alanna because I eagerly await her hauls all month!) As a bit of a disclaimer, I know my photos aren't great. They're often wonky and the background isn't always a true white, but I'm trying and it's the best I can do for now on my time schedule. Also, I wanted to point out that I know this is quite a lot of polish to buy in 1 and a half months, but I told myself I was on a no buy in February, and this was the result >_< Maybe in march I should say I'm on an all-buy? ;)




I've worn all of these colours. Dior's Gris Trianon is definitely a colour shifter - it's a little darker when painted on, and a lot darker when in the shade (compared to the sun). All 4 of these colours had amazing formulas, and I'm definitely happy I spent the money on these - I was wearing them a lot last month.

L-R: Raindrops, Viridian, Jo'Mina
I've only worn Raindrops out of this bunch, and I definitely get the hype. Such a pretty colour!

L-R: Scarce, Speckle, Mottle
From Illamasqua's newest collection. As a freckle-y girl myself, I couldn't pass up this collection (though I skipped the blue and brown ones). I've only tried Speckle, and on first coat I was like 'meh' and on the second coat I was like 'oh!' Speckle did have both silver and black glitters, but they all looked the same once on the nail. 

L-R: Molly-Coddled, Fiver, Cuppa
I've worn Molly-Coddled and Cuppa and loved them both. No issues formula wise, though they did chip a little faster than I expected them to.

L-R: Teddy Girl, Victoriana, Ray of Light
Didn't get a chance to try any of these.

L-R: You're such a Budapest, Eurso Euro, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, Thanks a Windmillion, Gargantuan Green Grape
I only wore On Her Majesty's Secret Service. Amazing colour and I didn't have any smell issues which a lot of people complained about...

L-R: My Vampire is Buff, Pedal Faster Suzi, Meet Me on the Star Ferry, Dim Sum Plum, Anti-Bleak
Dim Sum Plum was a huge disappointment, loved the colour but it chipped off both the fingers AND toes before the day was out! Anti-Bleak was fine, just didn't mesh with my skin tone as well as I'd hoped it would. 

L-R: Strawberry Margarita, Suzi's Hungary Again!, I Eat Maine-ly Lobster, Are We There Yet?, My Paprika Is Hotter Than Yours
Strawberry Margarita post is here. I also wore I Eat Maine-ly Lobster which I really loved wearing.

L-R: Every Month Is Oktober-Fest, Pepe's Purple Passion, You Only Live Twice, Sprung
Sprung review here. I haven't worn any of the others.

L-R: Mimosa's Before Mani's, Snap My Dragon, Passion For Petals, Tart-y For the Party
These only shipped to me at the end of Feb, so I haven't had a chance to wear them yet. 

L-R: Godiva, London, Vespa, Nyx, Chyna, Dahlia
Again, came to me late in Feb so they're still untrieds.

L-R: Julie, Caitlin, Tru, Lotus, Maisie
I purchased and wore Julie because it's my name and I'm a sucker for things like that. Lovely colour, but not my favourite, it has that really strong silver shimmer/sheen that the Surf collection has. 

Hope you enjoyed seeing my purchases this month, and if you want to keep seeing these monthly hauls, leave me a comment below :) What should I put on my wishlist for March?

*I purchased all these nail polishes with my own money.*

No comments:

Post a Comment