Saturday, January 19, 2013

Nail Polish Storage [January 2013]

A sort of disclaimer: I've been wanting to do a nail polish collection and storage post for quite a while now, but I always kept changing my mind on how I would do it. Video? Photos? Photos and swatches? I finally decided this morning that I just needed to get it done, and the quickest (and most hassle-free) way was photos. Some day I might do nail or nail wheel swatches, but I just don't have the time to swatch hundreds of nail polishes at the moment!

main storage unit



This four draw storage system is where I keep most of my polish. I got it back when I was like 12ish, and it's housed everything from makeup (hence the dirty draws, oops!) to clothing and accessories. Now it houses all of my higher-end polishes and some more expensive (for Aus anyway) chemist, or 'drugstore,' polishes (Sally Hansen & Revlon). The rest I have stored in some ugly plastic draws that I keep hidden in my closet.

Top drawer: Orly, OPI, Color Club, Deborah Lippmann, Illamasqua, Leighton Denny, Butter London, Chanel, Dior & Layla
Second drawer: Essie, Zoya
Third drawer: China Glaze
Bottom drawer: China Glaze overflow, Nubar, Misa, Mac, Nails Inc., Revlon, Sally Hansen, L'Oreal & Max Factor
I didn't include any pictures of the plastic draws but just think of them like plastic shoeboxes that pull out. I got them for $10 at Kmart quite a while ago, but I'm on the lookout for something prettier.

I'll be typing up my Nail Care collection and review next, then I'll get started on the polish. Whilst I want to get it all up tonight, the last of it might have to go up tomorrow if it takes longer than I think it will.

Hope you enjoy! Let me know in the comments what you're favourite brand is, I think you can work out my top 2! Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment