Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Deborah Lippmann - Mermaid's Dream

Today's nail polish pick was Deborah Lippmann's Mermaid's Dream - a nail polish that I only picked up because of meghanrosette. After one coat it was a little gappy but still looked fine. After two coats it was opaque and the gold/yellow tones of the polish stood out a lot more against the green. I did 3 coats to see if it would make a difference, and the green got darker and much more dominant. I liked it at 2 coats, but I liked it better at 3 (just for reference).
Whilst a lot of people fan-girled about the colour of the polish, I just have to take a moment to fan-girl over the formula. This is the only Lippmann polish I've tried to date so I don't know how comparable it is over the entire range, but the formula on this nail polish was perfect. It went exactly where I wanted it to go. I never had too much on the brush, even if I did/didn't wipe it down. It was just amazing. Now, onto the colour. I've gotta be honest, this isn't my favourite colour in the world. Plus, I wasn't a fan of the finish. Very gritty, even after two generous coats of Revlon's colourstay (I did only 1 coat on my other hand and they felt exactly the same. I couldn't be bothered testing a third coat).

3 coats, 2 coats colorstay topcoat.

direct sunlight
direct sunlight
shade - a bit blurry sorry
shade

On another note, I went in to Myer today because I heard the new Chanel spring collection had just come in, and they had already sold out of Emprise! I skipped the other two because looked fairly dupable, but I've been stalking the counter for weeks waiting for Emprise to be mine! I was so mad/disappointed!! If you want Emprise, I suggest going in quick!

No comments:

Post a Comment