Sunday, September 30, 2012

My 2 Cents: Chanel "Frenzy" Dupes

I took these photos a few weeks ago, and I wasn't going to even post this because my fingers look atrocious (now you can see why I didn't post in winter!). This has also been done about a million times, but I figured I went to the trouble of taking the photos, I might as well post it in case someone finds it useful.

  More photos/swatches beneath the cut!





Index: Essie - Master Plan
Middle: Ulta3 - Earl Grey
Ring: Chanel - Frenzy
Pinky: Essie - Jazz


The closest was definitely Jazz, the others were too dark and grey.

Essie - Jazz / Chanel - Frenzy
Essie - Sand Tropez / Essie - Jazz / Chanel Frenzy

 Next up was Essie - Sand Tropez, since I saw a few people compare it and I wanted to see for myself. It's definitely too pale/whitened to be a dupe. Jazz looks very similar but is still a touch warmer than Frenzy. These are all 2 coats.
Index: Essie - Sand Tropez
Middle: Essie - Jazz
Ring: Chanel - Frenzy


I noticed 2 coats looked a little patchy still, though I was sure this was my painting rather than the actual product. I decided to paint 3 for the next photo, concentrating on Jazz/Frenzy. These were taken in cloudy weather, unfortunately the sun was only out for about 10 minutes that day :(
Index: Chanel - Frenzy
Middle: Essie - Jazz
Ring: Chanel - Frenzy
Pinky: Essie - Jazz
I've owned Jazz for about 2 years now, and it is still a bit of a patchy/streaky mess. It's such a raved about colour that I think I must just have a bad bottle. Anyway, as you can see, after 3 coats Jazz is still the slightest bit warmer, but really, this is pretty damn close!
Finished off with Essie Good to Go top coat.

So if you made it this far, I applaud you! Again, I'm so sorry about my poorly kept fingers but hopefully this helped someone out there. Overall, I still recommend Frenzy for all those nail polish junkies out there, the formula was a dream :)

3 comments:

  1. Hi there! This was exactly the comparison I was looking for. Thanks! :).

    ReplyDelete